Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2013

2013 is coming to a close and I would dub it, ''a film year''. I didn't plan on it. As always, I just ride the wave on this journey. Since 2010, I've, more or less, jumped over to the film side, with an occasional glance and visit in the direction of theatre and while I miss the theatre, I'm loving the experience of acting in film more and more every time I enter a set. .

Obviously, my marriage to my amazing wife Jamie is the highlight of my year in every way. That experience has changed my life....all for the better.

Yes, there were a few professional highlights, MALLAS, MA comes to mind as the biggest on the film side. I'm very proud of that film and hope to work with Sean Meehan, Rick Macomber and Maria Natapov in the years to come.

GREG'S GUARDIAN ANGEL was also a blast.

CHOOSING SIDES has become the little comedy film that could...getting nice reviews from just about everyone who has seen it. I'm delighted that people have and continue to enjoy it.

There have been disappointments...SWAN SONG being the biggest. I don't regret the experience (it's all about learning), I just regret who I experienced it with. SWAN SONG was a huge lesson for me: Just because someone wants to make your film, make sure they're the right people!

American Talent Management hasn't done much for me, but then again, I haven't done much for them, so I guess that makes us even.

It's funny...in the close to 13 years that I have lived in NYC, I have never gone a year without doing a play. Looking back over the years, it seemed that there was a time that I was going from one play to another. Those days were fun and I miss them, with no real regrets. I guess as I've gotten older, time has become very important to me and the climate in the theatre these days is such that it's pretty common that you'll rehearse for a month or more, but only get 5 or 6 performances out of the process. For me, it would depend on the script and the people involved. I'll be starting off 2014 with an informal reading of PICASSO AT THE LAPIN AGILE, so that'll be an opportunity to fall in love with the theatre again.

I don't do New Years resolutions. I never have.

What do I hope for in 2014? More good times and more adventures.

No comments: