Thursday, July 25, 2013

Swan Song

I haven't said much about Swan Song as of late because, well, there hasn't been anything to say about it.

Back in early April, I received the footage from the March 16th shoot for the IndieGoGo campaign. It wasn't fully edited...not yet perfect, which was fine and to be expected, but what I saw did give me an idea of where the project was heading and to be honest, after watching the footage several times, I wasn't too thrilled with what I saw. I won't get into too many specifics, but I will say that after the viewings, I came to the conclusion that Swan Song just wouldn't come out the way I envisioned if the project moved forward. At this point, I'm 100% certain that the project is not going to happen anytime soon and you know what, I'm fine with it. If it's not going to be what I envisioned, I'd rather the film not be made.

On the positive side, I will say that both Jeff Moffitt and Dan Berkey were marvelous and again, I wish to thank them for their work. I am saddened that the film will not come to life, but as I always say, there are always other projects.

No comments: