Saturday, February 02, 2013

A New And Exciting Venture...As A Screenwriter?

I know, I'm surprised too.

For the last year or so, I've been going back and forth on this short screenplay of mine, titled SWAN SONG, about a hitman, looking for a way out of the life of a killer, hoping for a new start, but can anyone really walk away from the only life that they have ever known? I've gone back to it from time to time over the last year or so, but I never thought in a million years that anything would happen with it.

Well, thanks to filmmakers Rob LaSalle and Rafael Ortiz, it's happening!

I sent a copy of the script to Rob last year, just to have it read. Rob and I became acquainted through director Marvin Suarez, during the making of the film THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE.

Recently, he, Rafael and I have been trading emails with the thought of making a 30-45 minute film of SWAN SONG.

In the last 24 hours alone, things have already begun to take shape with this project. Actors Jeff Moffitt and Dan Berkey have signed on for major roles in the film, roles that I wrote with them in mind, so I'm especially thrilled for their involvement.

Lots of planning; lots to discuss and put together, but for now, all I can say is how excited I am for this new and exciting adventure.

Stay tuned!

No comments: