Friday, December 21, 2012

2012: A Year In Review

Another year is about to come to a close.

Lots of professional and personal highlights, some professional disappointments, but all in all, as always, the positives outweigh the negatives.

THE 39 STEPS was the highlight of the year from a professional standpoint for me. The most challenging and fulfilling experience that I have ever had as an actor. Larry Lesher and I had drinks last evening and we're still amazed that we climbed that mountain. We even discussed the possibility of doing NOISES OFF in the future, a show that has even more challenges than THE 39 STEPS. Might have to climb that mountain some day.

If you're a regular reader, then you already know my thoughts on IVANOV.

On the film side, SIMPLE MIND was the highlight. I'll always be in debt to Phil Newsom for thinking of me for the part of Bob, which I had a great time playing, although he confided to me that I got the part because before the project, I sent him an email with my headshot and resume, asking him to keep me in mind for future projects. The timing proved to be perfect. So a lesson: Always keep in contact with people; send an email, postcard, etc. You never know what it will lead to.

2013 is around the corner and I know that I have MARTY AND DOUG'S NEW RELIGION, PART II to keep me busy in the spring/summer. I may also be involved in another production with Gracye Productions' (THE ASPHALT CHRISTMAS) which would be a great thrill!

I'm also getting married in August, so on the personal side, I can say already that that will be the highlight of 2013.

As always, it's never boring, always a challenge....just the way I like it.

No comments: