Wednesday, July 15, 2009

AS YOU LIKE IT Last Night

We went through a number of the early scenes in the play last night, even putting them on their feet, which was great.

I am already very happy with the direction I'm taking Duke Frederick in. As I was going through each scene, an image of Michael Corleone kept popping into my head, that cold, calculating stare of his. Family is very big to the Duke, same as with Michael. Perhaps he feels betrayed by his daughter Celia...feels that she has taken sides against the family...since she has clearly sided with Rosalind and not with her father.

Those are fun stakes to play.

I have about 10 days off from rehearsal, but no rest for me as I intend to get fully off book for the entire play by the time I return to rehearsals on the 24th.

No comments: