Saturday, February 02, 2008

TWO DETECTIVES Readthrough

The cast and crew of TWO DETECTIVES met for the first time today to read and discuss the play and I think it went very nicely. Director Chelsea Landon has assembled an able cast and crew, all of us looking forward to jumping right in.

The playwright Daniel Landon paid me a very nice compliment, saying how much he's enjoyed my reading of Lasky in the audition. That's always nice to hear from the playwright. I'm honored to be a part of Daniel's play. I think it's quite good. It has all the elements and ingredients that made great film noir classics like Double Indemnity, The Big Sleep, Touch of Evil, Chinatown so popular. Lies. Deceit. Kidnapping. Murder. It all makes for great drama.

I must say that Chelsea seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Very smart. Very tough. She knows what she wants and expects from us actors. You gotta love that from a director!

My first rehearsal is on Wednesday.

No comments: